|Home||City Departments||Economic Dev.||Committees||Emergency Planning|
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
On 1000 South Community Development Project Area Plan
Board of Directors of the Redevelopment Agency of Naples City
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, pursuant to the provisions of Sections 17C-4-401 and 402, Utah Code Annotated 1953, as amended, that the Board of Directors of the Naples Redevelopment Agency have scheduled a joint public hearing on Thursday, December 12, 2013 at 7:50 p.m. or as soon thereafter as reasonably feasible and completion of Naples City Council business, in the City Council Chambers, Naples City Office, 1420 East 2850 South Naples, Utah 84078
PURPOSES OF THE PUBLIC HEARING
The purposes of the public hearing, as required by Section 17C-4-102(1)(d), Utah Code Annotated 1953, as amended, will be to:
(1) allow public comment on the draft proposed project area plan (the “Project Area Plan”) for the 1000 South Community Development Project Area (the “Project Area”);
(2) allow public comment on whether the draft Project Area Plan should be revised, adopted or rejected; and
(3) receive all written objections and hear all oral objections to the draft Project Area Plan.
Notice is hereby given of the following:
(1) You can obtain a mailed or facsimile transmitted copy of the description of the boundaries of the Project Area being proposed for community development, at no cost: (a) by mailing your request for a copy of the boundary description to Craig Blunt, Redevelopment Agency of Naples City, 1420 E. 2850 S. Naples, Utah 84078, or (b) by calling and making your request to Craig Blunt of the Redevelopment Agency at (435) 789-9090. An electronic, printable copy of the boundary description of the Project Area is also available at the following website: www.naplescityut.gov A map showing the boundaries of the Project Area being proposed for community development is available for inspection at the office of the Agency located at the Naples City Offices, 1420 E. 2850 S. Naples, Utah, 84078 and is also available on the aforementioned website and on the Utah Public Notice Website. The Project Area consists of approximately 25 ½ acres of land generally located along the south side of 1000 South, and is bounded by Highway 40 (1500 East) on the West, and includes the Intermountain Farmers Association facility and adjacent vacant commercial property.
(2) If the Project Area Plan is adopted, then the Agency may negotiate with taxing entities to obtain their voluntary agreement to provide funding, in the form of sales tax proceeds, and/or property tax revenues resulting from an increase in valuation of property within the proposed Project Area, to be paid to the Agency for community development purposes rather than to the taxing entity to which the tax revenues would otherwise have been paid.
(3) Any person objecting to the proposed draft Project Area Plan or contesting the regularity of any of the proceedings to adopt it may appear before the Agency Board at the hearing to show cause why the proposed draft Project Area Plan should not be adopted, or may file with the Agency written objections prior to the time and date of the public hearing showing cause why the proposed draft Project Area Plan should not be adopted. Oral and written objections will be received and considered at the public hearing.
(4) The proposed Project Area Plan is available for inspection at the Agency offices; contact Chris Hoem of the Agency at 1420 E. 2850 S. Naples, Utah 84078, 435 789 9090. You are invited to submit to the Agency comments concerning the subject matter of the hearing referred to above prior to the hearing date. Please submit such comments to Chris Hoem, at the address listed above.
The Agency is willing to meet and answer any questions you may have. If you have questions or desire to meet, please contact Chris Hoem of the Agency at (435) 789-9090. The Project Area and Plan are proposals at this point and the Agency is interested in receiving your comments and suggestions. Dated this 20nd day of November 2013. Redevelopment Agency of Naples City, Executive Director.
Published in the Vernal Express November 20, 2013.
Naples City Planning Commission has the following schedule!
They meet at 7:30 pm at the City Offices once a month on the Tuesday following the 2nd Thursday. Mark your calendars if you would like to attend. Here is a list of the tentative meeting schedule for 2013: